Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Standing Up For My Rights as a Consumer

Standing Up For My Rights as a Consumer

Those of you who hesitate to complain about poor quality food and substandard service, should take note of this lesson.

Back in October 2005 I wrote about the poor quality service and food that I received from Ixxy's Bagel Shop at Victoria station.

I emailed the company about the article, and heard nothing until now.

Today, out of the blue, I received a letter of apology; together with a full refund, and a voucher for £5 which can be used at many of the food outlets (eg Burger King, Ixxy's etc )at the major railway stations.

The lesson?

If you are on the receiving end of bad service or poor quality food, no matter how modest your purchase; complain like hell!

No comments: