Ixxy's Hot Salt Beef Bagel
Those of you who fancy a nice hot salt beef bagel, whilst waiting for your train at London's Victoria station, should not bother buying one from Ixxy's Bagel Shop (owned by the Compass Group).
I tried one yesterday:
- The beef was reheated in a microwave, instead of being cut from a joint
- The beef was luke warm and bland, instead of being hot and tasty
- Ixxy's advertise that the hot beef bagel comes with mustard; I had to remind the girl behind the counter to put mustard in, after she had made the bagel. Thus she had to disassemble the bagel
- The bagel itself was dry
- The counter girl forgot the use of the phrases "please" and "thank you", and indeed how to smile
- The cost of this gastronomic disappointment, together with a can of fizzy sugared water, came to £5.99
Bottom line: if you want a tasty hot salt beef bagel, that is good value for money, don't go to Ixxy's.