Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Monday, December 08, 2003

Restaurant

Capri
Nybrogatan 15
114 39 Stockholm
Sweden

Phone:- 08 662 3132

Website www.capri.aos.se

Overview

I found myself dining out in Stockholm with six charming Scandinavian ladies the other night. We went to the Capri, an Italian restaurant in central Stockholm; which is Stockholm’s oldest Italian restaurant.

Ambience

Capri is a large, bustling Italian restaurant. The interior design resembles a grotto hewn out of the inside of a cave. The walls are painted deep red, the tables are laid with check cloths and the atmosphere is cosy and intimate.

Menu

The menu offers an extensive array of pasta, meat, pizza and fish dishes.

House specialities are displayed on blackboards around the room.

Service

The staff are friendly and accommodating. Guests are offered a free pre dinner Campari, whilst perusing the menu.

In addition to a long, hot sliced loaf we were also given a large bowl of iceberg lettuce; which had been drizzled with olive oil, as an appetiser.

Food

I was the only one to have a starter. I chose the spinach lasagne. I have no hesitation in saying that this is one of the best lasagnes that I have ever had. It was creamy, succulent and flavoursome; absolutely unctuous. Don’t take my word for it though; my six dining companions, all of whom had a nibble, would also agree.

I chose the pollo diavola with sautĂ© potatoes for my main course. This was a spicy “spatchcocked” poussin, cooked with chillies and tabasco. It was juicy and piquant, very enjoyable.

My companions had a variety of dishes, including; lamb cutlets, penne, grilled salmon and pizza quatro.

All professed themselves to be happy with the quality, taste and presentation of their dishes.

The meal, which included a bottle of Chianti, Pinot Grigio and numerous Irish coffees, came to 2100SEK including tip.

Overall Opinion

We all had a great time, and have marked this as a “must visit again” venue. Make sure you pay them a visit.




No comments: