Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Pasta and Sausage Meat Bake


I bought some sausage meat from my good chum Derek Stott (of D and D Family Butchers) and made a simple, but very tasty, pasta bake with it.

Ingredients

-Eliche pasta
-Sausage Meat
-Fennel seeds (crushed)
-Garlic (chopped)
-Chopped tomatoes
-Tomato purée
-Chicken stock
-Lentils
-Olive oil
-Parmesan
-Salt/pepper

Method

-Sauté the garlic and season in olive oil
-Add the meat
-Add tomatoes, lentils, stock, purée and fennel seeds
-Simmer for 30 minutes
-Cook the Eliche and tip into a casserole dish
-Add the sauce
-Sprinkle with Parmesan
-Bake for 25 minutes at 180

Enjoy!

No comments: