Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Monday, November 19, 2018

The Ivy Revisited - In Which The Ivy Grows a Pair



We went to the Ivy again on Saturday, with a chum who was down from London, and had a rip roaring evening.

Kudos and thanks to the good people of the Ivy for putting on a splendid evening for us, the food was excellent (I highly commend the Shepherd's Pie - which, btw, needs to be served as a larger portion) as was the ambience and the service first class (special mention in dispatches for our splendid waiter, who is a natural people person and showman in the very best sense of the word!).

Loyal readers will recall that when I first reviewed The Ivy in May, I made the following observation:
"NB: for reasons best known to the Ivy they won't flame your Sambuca (for full details please see my views on that here)."
Which I then waxed lyrical about on Nanny Knows Best.

I am very pleased to report that since then #SambucaGate has been addressed, The Ivy has grown a pair, and flaming Sambucas are now on the menu there!

They were served with enthusiasm, gusto and were splendid.

Kudos!

No comments: