Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Thick Tomato Soup


Ingredients

-Tomatoes (chopped)
-Butter
-Onion (chopped)
-Garlic (chopped)
-Sugar (6 tablespoons)
-Parsley
-Smoked paprika (teaspoon)
-Red wine vinegar (200ml)
-Thick slice of good quality fresh bread (torn up)
-Salt/pepper


Method

-Sweat onions and garlic
-Add red wine vinegar and sugar, reduce by half
-Add tomatoes and cook for 20 mins
-Add parsley, paprika, salt and pepper
-Blitz
-Add bread
-Blitz again

NB: Posh chefs would then strain it.

I am not a posh chef, I eat it in its chunky form.

No comments: