Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Monday, October 08, 2018

Gluten Free Sausages



When I was buying my supplies of sausages, bacon and kidneys the other day from my chum Derek Stott, of D and D Family Butchers, I got to talking with him about the gluten free pork sausages that he also makes.

They contain no bread/rusk to bind them so the meat content is higher than a normal sausage.

Out of curiosity I bagged a couple of them as well, jut to test out.

As you can see from the video, in their uncooked state they are much pinker than a normal pork sausage.

I cooked them in the butter that I had sautéed my kidneys in the day before, for added lusciousness.

I had my doubts, when cooking them, that given the absence of binding agent they would fall apart or split. However, as you can see, they held their form and shape perfectly.

The texture was more crumbly than a normal sausage, but the flavour was most porkisome!

No comments: