Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Stop Waste

Stop Waste

It is rare indeed that I find myself agreeing, in part at least, with Gordon Brown. However, for once I do agree with him when he says that people should stop wasting food.

Britain is facing the highest level of food price rises in Europe, the negative effects of which are being felt the most by those on low incomes.

It is therefore quite right that people should stop wasting food and learn to use leftovers, as I was brought up to do.

However, whether the Prime Minister should try to micromanage people's shopping habits quite so much, by suggesting that people should plan meals in advance and that supermarkets should end three-for-two deals, is open to question.

I suspect we will soon see a "Dig for Victory" campaign.

No comments: