Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Monday, December 03, 2018

Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding



My thanks to my good chum Derek Stott (of D and D Family Butchers) who cut me a magnificent 3.5kg joint of 28 day aged sirloin (with an excellent layer of fat) from the Highlands.

I roasted it with Yorkshire Pudding, which I cook under the meat in its juices and fat. The result being a beef infused "pancake".

Pudding Ingredients

-egg
-flour
-milk
-salt/pepper

Method

Mix the batter at least an hour before needed, and leave to rest.

When the beef has less than an hour to cook, pour the batter under the joint into the fat that has rendered from the joint.

Let the meat rest for 20 mins or so, and then make the gravy in the roasting pan once you have removed the pudding.

The meat was very flavoursome, succulent and tender. The Yorkshire Pudding was superb, and by the way is also great eaten cold with salt!

No comments: