Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Sprout Shortage?

Sprout Shortage?

In much that same way as there was a rumoured "shortage" of Heston Blumenthal's Christmas puddings, it seems that the food industry is trying to cook up a "shortage" of that much loved Christmas staple sprouts.

The media have published warnings from farmers that the current heavy frosts (which are actually very good for sprouts) have caused problems with mechanical harvesting, thus leading to the possibility of a shortage this festive season.

Hmmm...I will believe that when I see it!

I guarantee that there will be more sprouts available on the dining tables of Britain than people are able to/want to eat this festive season.

No comments: