Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Summer Vegetable Recipe

Summer Vegetable Recipe

Now that summer is finally upon us, I thought that you may like to try this very simple summer vegetable recipe that is both colourful and tasty. I made a pot of it myself yesterday.

Ingredients

- 10 courgettes, washed and cut into thick slices

- 6 large tomatoes, cut coarsely

- 1 head of fresh garlic, peeled and chopped coarsely

- 4 medium onions, peeled and chopped coarsely

- olive oil, salt and black pepper

Method

- Lightly saute the onions and garlic witht he oil, until soft, in a large stew pot

- Add the remaining ingredients

- Season

- Simmer with the lid on for around 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the courgettes are soft

Serve with pork or chicken, or just enjoy a bowl of it as it is.

No comments: