Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

British Beef Back in Europe

British Beef Back in Europe

British beef can finally return to Europe's shops and restaurants, after the 10 year ban imposed on it as a result of BSE.

EU food safety experts agreed yesterday to lift the export ban, that was imposed during the mad cow crisis.

British beef exports to the European Union were halted in 1996, as brain-wasting Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) spread across the country.

I regularly ate beef on the bone at that time, which I purchased "illegally" from a trusted butcher.

No comments: