Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Black Marks For The Gaucho Grill

Black Marks For The Gaucho Grill

Eva and I returned to the Gaucho Grill at Canary Wharf yesterday, for a meal.

Whilst the food and service were good, they did let themselves down in one respect.

Their sirloin steak, that is proudly displayed raw, comes with a layer of fat; as indeed it should do.

Indeed the layer of fat is one of the key selling points that the Gaucho Grill makes in its sales pitch.

Duly sold, I ordered a steak.

Unfortunately, the chef and the sales team do not seem to be talking to each other; as when the steak arrived, the fat had been cut off.

The error was further compounded by the manager saying, when I queried this, that the fat had probably burnt away.

Nonsense!

Effective communication between the kitchen and front house staff is essential, if a restaurant is to succeed.

No comments: