Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Monday, February 24, 2020

Beef Goulash



I bought some excellent Silverside from my good chum Derek Stott of D and D Family Butchers, and made Beef Goulash with it.

Ingredients

-Cubed and floured Silverside
-Tinned tomatoes
-Tomato purée
-Paprika powder
-Garlic chopped
-Onion chopped
-Paprika peppers chopped
-Green bell peppers chopped
-Bay leaf
-Beef stock
-Parsley chopped
-Salt and pepper
-Olive oil

Method

-Fry off the peppers, onion and garlic
-Transfer to casserole dish
-Fry off the beef
-Transfer to casserole dish
-Deglaze the pan with the remaining ingredients
-Pour into casserole and mix
-Put the lid on and pop into a 180 degree oven for about 1.5 hours

Serve with baked potatoes or rice.

No comments: