Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Poussin


I bought two splendid French Poussin from my good chum Derek Stott (of D and D Family Butchers), and roasted them with carrots.

They were magnificent!

Ingredients

-poussin
-parsley
-garlic
-salt/pepper
-butter
-lemon
-carrots
-white wine

Method

-season the inside of the carcass
-put two peeled garlic cloves in each bird
-put a knob of butter in each carcass
-put the parsley and half a lemon in each carcass
-smear the bird with butter
-place in roasting dish and surround bird with carrots
-add white wine
-cover in foil
-roast at 180 for an hour
-remove foil and roast for another 15 minutes to brown birds

No comments: