All very well and fine, given that some people consume bucket loads of the stuff and have clearly damaged their health.
However, in a free country, we are all entitled to go to the devil in our own way.
Notwithstanding that, Saint Jamie intends to put a sugar tax on sugary drinks in his restaurants. In theory the extra monies raised will be used for good works against the "evil" sugar.
That aside I draw your attention to Saint Jamie's recipes:
- ‘chocolate love cake’ contains 21 teaspoons of sugar
- sticky toffee pudding 12 teaspoons
- tasty sundae 16 teaspoons
- gluten-free Christmas cake every slice has 28 teaspoons
- salmon dish has three teaspoons of sugar, as does his chicken garden soup.
- Jamie’s milkshakes, which contain more sugar than a can of Coke
Hypocritical or what?