Restaurant Reviews

Restaurant Reviews and Food Musings

Text

Fed up with celebrity chefs drizzling sauces over undercooked pieces of meat? I am!

I regularly dine out and am happy to share my restaurant experiences, and musings on food with you.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Pretentious Moi?

Pretentious Moi?

Eva and I popped into The Bishop, 25-27 Lordship Lane Dulwich, last night for a quick drink before going on for dinner.

The bar is trendy and newly opened, it serves a selection of beers Leffe, Budvar, Scrumpy, Abbotts, Ale Fresco; it also has a reasonable looking food menu.

However, there is one issue that I would like to draw attention to.

They do not serve pints of Leffe.

I ordered a pint and a half of Leffe last night, and was told that they only serve it in half pints.

When I pointed out that the other beers were served in pints, I was told that it was not the case for Leffe.

When I asked why, I was initially told "I don't know" by the barman.

Never daunted by being fobbed off, I made further enquiries; it turns out that they believe that it is only served on the Continent in half pints.

Nonsense!

Sorry guys, pretentious nonsense in my view.

If the customer wants a pint, then serve him a pint.

No comments: